Senior Engineer - Thermal
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Thermal #060633
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Thermal in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Modeling & Simulation COE based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Modeling & Simulation COE and the primary responsibility of this role is to perform thermal analysis to predict performance of various Eaton Electrical products. This position is responsible for handling complex engineering projects wherein incumbent is expected to independently handle requirements and deliver quality results within stipulated timelines. The candidate should have strong background in fluid mechanics and heat transfer with thorough understanding of numerical methods. He/She needs to have proven experience in handling thermal analysis of complex electrical products. Incumbent should also have in-depth understanding of heat transfer fundamentals with proven expertise around conjugate heat transfer and FEA/CFD combined co-simulation thermal modeling approaches, coupled Electromagnetics and thermal modeling
Your essential responsibilities:
• Deploy thermal simulation methodologiesto drive design decisions for electrical products
• Develop and validate CFD/thermalanalysis models to substantiate engineering design
• Partner with global and cross functionalteams
• Guide and mentor team members
• Liaison with global business stakeholders todrive analysis driven design in product development cycle
• Develop and validate digital prototypes tomimic product physics and predict key CTQ’s
• Leverage Six Sigma methodologies to enablerobust product designs
• Independently handle project assignments andmanage day to day project responsibilities
• Create valuable Intellectual Property toexpand innovation envelope for organization growth
• Embrace continuous improvement initiativesand demonstrate consistent increase in “value” from project deliverables
• Guide / mentor team members on theirprojects to meet project deliverables
• Seamlessly work with leadership team tomature analysis capabilities across the organization
If you are:
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Applied Mechanics from reputed institutes
• 5-6 years of experience in Flow & Thermal domain including 3 years hands on experience of thermal simulation of electrical products
• Candidate must have thorough knowledge of Numerical Methods, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
• Hands on experience on CAE software programs such as ANSYS FLUENT, ICEM Hexa/Tetra, ANSYS DM-AM and ANSYS MECHANICAL, Star CCM+ and SpaceClaim.
• Experience of handling complex electrical products and systems
• Candidate must have demonstrated ability to interpret, summarize and communicate CFD and thermal analysis results to global audience and provide technical and/or design recommendations
•Candidate should have demonstrated mentoring / coaching skills in previous experience
• Experience of working with global team
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.comz.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time