You will support the site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Supports development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives
You will support risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
You will support tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
You will support creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
You will support MESH champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
You will support and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
You will support EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
You will work with EHS leader and MESH champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
You will support efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
You will provide support on using established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data.
You will create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
You will oversee the security guard
- Bachelor degree in a EHS discipline or engineering is required
- Minimum five years of work experience performing EHS or engineering duties in a manufacturing environment is required OR three years of work experience performing EHS or engineering duties in a manufacturing environment with a Master's Degree is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Demonstrated problem solving and team building skills.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time