Lead Engineer – System Modeling for Electrification
Job Title: Lead Engineer – System Modeling for Electrification #060513
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Lead Engineer – System Modeling for Electrification in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Modeling & Simulation Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Modeling & Simulation Group and the primary responsibility is to lead and define system modeling for electrification including xEVs, MEA for aerospace and power blending for hydraulics. Candidate must have strong background and experience in physics based modeling & simulation of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulics systems.
Your essential responsibilities:
• Scopes performance requirements of electrical, electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulics systems & guides team members to develop system models to come up feasible solutions
• Interfaces with global internal Eaton stakeholders and cross functional team members including controls, software and systems engineering.
• Leads technical portfolio of on & off highway Vehicle, Aerospace electrification
• Defines strategy for the portfolio by in alignment with business goals.
• Guides and mentors senior engineers working on developing and deploying system/plant models.
• Defines right methods, tools and process in this type of simulation leveraging existing models and methods. Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma tool usage (DFSS) is preferred.
• Provides hands-on solutions on business critical projects; Leads critical reviews and provides technical mentoring on complex projects involving multiple technologies for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards
• Takes ownership for Quality goals and helps technology manager to meet BSC measures for the group
• Develops subject matter experts in the CoE through technical training, guidance and mentoring
• Drives innovation in the group and establishes IP through patents, trade secrets and technical publications
• Leads internal forums like ERG’s and participates in external forums & professional bodies through Technical papers
If you are:
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Systems & Controls / Instrumentation from reputed institutes with 8+ years of experience in system modeling & simulation. Having experience working with vehicle systems & xEV is added advantage.
• Proven skills in developing & deploying system models / math models, guiding & mentoring others
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
•Expert user of MATLAB/SimuLink, GT suite or equivalent .Thorough understanding of physics based system modeling & interfacing with controls for electrification of mechanical and hydraulics power components & systems
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time