Eaton’s Electrical has an opening for an:
Business Development Manager - Energy Storage
Hiring Location: Milan
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services.
The Senior Manager - Energy Storage is a sales and marketing professional responsible to drive Eaton Electrical Energy Storage Sector sales strategy and success for a focused set of key accounts and partners in Italy.
You must have expert knowledge of the industry, technology, opportunities, problems, business drivers and competitors in Italy. You are expected to develop and sustain relationships with executives within your assigned accounts.
As Senior Manager will support Nissan’s Electric battery strategy development efforts in Italy.
Your key deliverables:
• Analysis of market data, trends, customer needs in order to align with executive management concerning market opportunities, threats and along with that long term organisational strategy and to implement operational plans to execute the sales strategy.
• Maintaining and building relations with important market parties, internal sales organisations, business units and branch organisations
• Assessment of the effects of changes within the organisational strategy and acting upon them.
• Management of the strategic country operating planning process.
• Setting out strategic direction in collaboration with the Country Sales Manager
• Coordinate and leverage the Nissan relationship and Nissan network in Italy
• Actively participate to sales plans definition (scope, targets, deadlines), support and motivate sales representatives in achieving their plans.
• Analysis, reporting evaluation and development of KPI’s aligned to the Profit Plan and Strategic Plan for short, mid and long term adjustments.
• Maintaining Activity and Sales Reports as required and using Eaton Business Systems’ leadership processes for the sales organization.
• Keeping good contacts with key market stakeholders and even building closer relation with our key accounts and business partners in order to further develop our market position in
• Creating good contacts with key market stakeholders and building closer relation with our key accounts and business partners in order to further develop our market position in
• With the BU and Mktg support, Defining and communicating sales enablers (pricing, documentations, trainings plan, value propositions)
• Create and maintain relationships with market regulators and influencers (professional organisations & syndicates)
• Negotiating and influencing at executive and management level resulting in opportunities identification to contracts and agreements framework.
• Supporting sales managers in but also partly leading (key) customer negotiations.
• Initiates, develops and implements sales oriented customer events, activities, campaigns, company and product presentations and trade fairs.
• Focus on developing and winning new customers across our businesses.
• Initiates collaborations in sales activities within Eaton, resulting in synergy sales and new business.
• Personally lobby major Italian key account customers
• Set up an xStorage internal community
• Provides operational support and matrix leadership to the Italy Sales Organisation for Energy Storage activities
• Acts as a role model in line with Eaton ethical standards of conduct.
• Works in cooperation with other Business Units and Eaton departments putting Eaton’s overall interest above immediate local benefit.
• Identifies and develops possibilities for future business growth, including possible acquisitions, bringing them to the attention of the relevant central team for further investigation and possible next steps.
• Support in Building Organizational Capability by developing competencies as well as identifying talent gaps.
• Bachelor’s degree of science or business degree preferable Master degree
• A strong background in the energy, power electronics and battery industry.
• Ideally experience between 10 years combining sales, program management a business development.
• Commercial/Financial Savvy
• Experience or knowledge in industry/application of assigned key account preferred
• Previous major account selling experience required
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and coordinate others. Must be an excellent team leader
• Strong organization, communication and project management skills
• Initiative and self-management skills
• Value selling training
• Presentation skills
• Proficiency in Italian and English language
• Proven Competencies according to Eaton Leadership Model:
o Thinks & Acts Strategically
o Gets Results Through Self & Others
o Builds Organisational Capability
o Demonstrates Our Leadership Style
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time