Engineering Manager - Hardware
Job Title: Engineering Manager # 060502
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineering Manager in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India .
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is who will responsible to drive growth in terms of breadth and depth of hardware capabilities in product design as well as adjacent technology areas for Connected Building group. Positions’ main responsibility would be to plan, mentor and coach team to manage new product and technology development that enables the launch of new intelligent lighting products.
Your essential responsibilities:
Drive growth in respective team in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in product design as well as adjacent technology areas in product engineering.
Drive innovation in the product line / Process and establish IP through disclosures and technical publications.
Interface with internal and external customers to conceive, develop, communicate and execute plans. Synergize engineering capabilities across groups at EIIC & other engineering locations.
Support continuous process improvements and deploy methodologies like DFSS and CMMI in product development.
Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology
Manage and develop talent: identifies, attracts and develop key talent for the organization.
Should have ability to influence and drive people / activities to build organizational capability and capacity.
Capital expense management, On time project launch, E&O reduction during transitions.
If you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent qualifications, ME/MS in Design Engineering would be preferred)
· 08 to 12 Years professional design & engineering experience. Engineering manager experience with a multinational company or engineering organization will be added advantage.
· Having sound knowledge in Embedded Hardware Design product life cycle management.
· Good at deploying at DFSS and CMMI methodologies.
· Demonstrated leadership results through product launches, realized product cost out, continuous improvement for productivity
· Knowledge of best practices in product development methodologies, processes, and technologies.
· Strong leader with excellent communication, organizational and people skills and the ability to work across functional groups.
· Experience in developing IOT based products.
· Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams.
· Experience working with third party partners.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer.
· Must be capable of working effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global team members.
· Ability to achieve goals by coaching, mentoring and motivating
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
· Ability to work independently and to follow directions
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No