Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Machinist to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Machinist operates machinery safely and efficiently using operating instructions to maintain high quality standards and performs secondary machine operations and routine/daily maintenance in a production setting. Provides assistance in other machining departments as needed to help achieve production levels and strategic goals. Uses lean and continuous improvement practices in support of process and product quality to deliver excellence to customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read, interpret, and follow operating instructions, dimensional sheets (or machine drawings), and quality systems documentation.
- Inspect equipment to ensure the quality of the product through various inspection, setup, and reporting techniques including the set-up and use of precision measuring instruments such as automated coordinate measuring machines (CMM’s), hard tool gauges, as well as the effective use of visual inspection techniques.
- Operate and perform basic routine maintenance on a variety of CNC controlled equipment including horizontal machining centers (HMC’s), grinders, lathes, turning centers, lappers, de-bur equipment, and automated material transfer equipment.
- Load products, tools, programs, and processing supplies to and from equipment and move materials.
- Interpret quality data and recommend/implement quality improvement actions to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform tasks as necessary to meet Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) requirements, i.e., set-up reduction, continuous flow manufacturing (CFM), error proofing, daily accurate scrap reporting, etc.
- Communicate effectively with peers, area supervisor, and area engineer to insure quality products and customer satisfaction as well as to achieve production standards and daily production goals.
- Use problem-solving skills to perform machine set-up operations within time allowed as detailed in the operating instructions (for CNC qualified this includes any CNC program offsets that are needed) to ensure a quality part.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Greenwood, SC will be considered
- Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology from an accredited school
- CNC machine operator training or experience with CNC controlled equipment and various inspection equipment
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in machining operations
- Strong math skills including English to metric conversions, decimals, fractions, percent and statistical process control (SPC) information.
- Ability to read, understand, and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, dimensional sheets and/or blueprints, plus a working knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Demonstrate basic computer data entry skills.
- Additional technical metal machining training/apprenticeship.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and any shift as needed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No