National Sales Manager - Government
- Direct management of the Mission Critical team’s sales resources.
- Work with the Director of Government Sales to produce and execute the Mission Critical sales plan, including the determination of sales goals and marketing activity.
- Management and ownership of the monthly MC orders forecasting process.
- Oversight of the C360 CRM process and utilization by the sales team.
- Support of the sales engineers with customer development and all field sales activity to meet sales goals.
- Lead interface between the sales team and the projects operations team to coordinate proposal generation and post-sales order management/issue resolution.
- Interface with the related product lines that support the UPS-centric turnkey project effort.
- Coordination with the Government Business Development managers to drive opportunity generation for the sales team.
- Manage selling costs to increase profitability for the MC effort.
- Experience in various sales and marketing roles with increasing responsibilities
- Proven leadership skills in managing people.
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years sales experience
- Experience managing people
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's license
- Ability to apply and obtain federal security clearances
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of the federal market, its customers and government contracting processes.
- Specific sales experience in the government market
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time