Global Product Line Financial Analyst
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Global Product Line Analyst within the Vehicle Group.
The Global Product Analyst role is to act as a business partner to the Engine Air Management product line by providing forecasting, planning, accounting and compliance support.
The Global Product Line Analyst works collaboratively with global business leads to complete the month-end closing, coordinate the monthly forecast and develop the annual profit plan for the global Engineering and Sales teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the financial processes for locations in Italy, Germany, China, India, Japan, Korea, Poland and UK. Coordinates with regional financial leads to ensure that headcounts and spending are accurately forecasted and recorded. Works effectively with multiple currencies.
- You will support the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals. Consolidates and reviews global spending to ensure that all expenses are recorded accurately in all regions. Completes balance sheet reconciliations for product line ledgers.
- You will take the lead in coordinating the monthly forecast and annual profit plan by preparing department budgets, reviewing budgets for consistency and completion, analyzing spending trends, tracking headcounts, calculating allocations, completing reporting and preparing presentations.
- You will be responsible for supporting the global engineering teams by developing global project based spending reports that include engineering time, labor, material, services and revenue. Works collaboratively with global product line leads to plan and forecast the global project portfolio.
- You will oversee the capital spending and fixed asset processes for the product line assets residing at the headquarter location in Michigan.
- You will work closely with business leads in Sales, Engineering, HR, Financial Services, Supply Chain and IT to solve problems and provide highly responsive and timely results.
- You will analyze key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads
- You will work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization. Cross-train with other analysts to build skills and experience across the division finance team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
- Minimum of 3 years accounting or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Must be able to see detail and big picture so that resulting communications and reports describe key risks and drivers as well as details and are prepared and presented in a manner consistent with previously reported data.
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial colleagues to drive business partnering relationship at multiple levels of the organization
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years accounting or finance experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time