Senior Engineer - Simulation Technology
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton’s Corporate Research & Technology (CRT) focuses on the technology innovation by conducting research to advance the state of the art, business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
The Center for Materials and Manufacturing (CMM) at Eaton CRT in India has an exciting opportunity for a design , optimization and manufacturing solutions responsibilities at the level of Senior Engineer. The candidate will be part of a team working on integrated manufacturing processes that focuses on design optimizations led thru simulations, materials selection, characterization and manufacturing process simulations. Candidate should ensure proper coordination and communication with all stakeholders by following project management best practices. He/She is expected to contribute towards various design optimization and manufacturing process CAE analysis requirements to ensure quality deliverables. Below are broad responsibilities incumbent is expected to perform:
• He/she is responsible for the execution of milestones that are critical to the project. The technical lead coordinates activities with other engineering resources on the team to ensure the timely completion of the project milestones.
• He/she will be single point of contact for the entire project, guide junior team members and work globally with cross functional team members. Responsible for creating, executing and tracking all the milestones for the entire project.
• Proficient in providing engineering explanations for the underlying physics of results through proper analytical CAE tools and hand calculations
• Work with globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manage selected projects under the guidelines of our internal stage-gate process.
• Participates and presents in ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.)
• Identify open innovation opportunities with universities and external institutes that align with Technology Platform strategy. Actively contributes high quality IP that has business and technology importance
• Key member of Integrated Manufacturing Processes team to develop materials & processing capabilities by integrating computational as well as experimental aspects
• The candidate should have strong background in mechanical engineering with thorough understanding of finite element analysis fundamentals. He/She needs to have proven experience in handling complex CAE analysis like stress/fatigue or CFD simulations. He/She should proactively look for various opportunities to validate analytical predictions with physical testing to constantly mature analytical capabilities. Candidate should act as Technical Lead for complex projects and shape the technology maturity roadmap.
• Knowledge material failure analysis with good understanding of conventional (casting, rolling, forging etc.) as well as advanced manufacturing technologies (metal 3D printing, MIM, etc)
• Work on various cost out aspects by assessing material and manufacturing process aspects for various Eaton product.
• Work with different BUs and develop new proposals after understanding their requirements
Required: Masters’ Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical)
• Minimum 3+ Years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
Required: Should have demonstrated skills in:
• Design fundamentals and manufacturing processes understanding
• Product & technology development with associated test planning, qualification testing procedures, carrying out the tests and reporting the results with analysis for conformance to standards and or design improvements
• Developing positive customer relations, participation in Technology events with customers
• Continuous improvement methodologies, DFX application
• In depth knowledge and hands on design and CAE tools for design analysis and manufacturing process modeling using appropriate tools and techniques
• Strong academic and career focus on advanced and emerging metal manufacturing methods such as conventional processes and advanced processes like additive manufacturing is desired
• Understanding of Biomimetics design philosophies – naturally inspired designs
• Use of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc and associated technical decision making
• Hands on experience on design and CAE software programs such as ProE, CATIA, ANSYS etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time