Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- You will lead efforts to proactively identify opportunities to improve Safety, Quality, Productivity, and reduce Cost and also prioritize safety and develop solutions for open concerns.
- You will provide day to day support for the manufacturing team, including investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting for product design, materials, tooling, equipment, production methods and processes.
- You will develop or purchase manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and tooling ,create and Improve manufacturing documentation, including operator method sheets (work instructions), standard work, and other instruction.
- You will employ Value Stream Maps to evaluate process current state and plan/execute future state and implement Cost Reduction projects.
- You will identify and implement new manufacturing methods and process modification recommendations for reduction of waste, cost, enhanced safety, or improved delivery.
- You will develop cost justification and project plans for new/modified tooling, machinery, or other Capital Projects.
- You will coordinate implementation of new products into manufacturing. Create, review and approve product and process test reports necessary to gain customer approval of new or modified product designs.
- You will establish, maintain, and audit Engineering Specifications, Bills of Material, Process Routers, Production Standards, and Process FMEA’s for new and existing products.
- You will participate with multi-functional product development teams to ensure manufacturability of new designs through the ProLaunch process and identify resource needs for the plant, assist in preparing budgets and major appropriation requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hose Manufacturing Experience
- Experience managing capital projects
- Familiarity with Lean tools
- Knowledge of cost estimating and cost out skills / tools required.
- Knowledge and application of problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency with various computer software and applications such as CAD/CAM, Excel, Word, MS Project, Minitab.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time