Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Material Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI location.
Responsible for the materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products. Plans and coordinates receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Utilize various business systems, a variety of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements. LI-JS1
· Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
· Initiates required documentation and/or system transactions to allocate, purchase, internally
· Expedites material, where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements. Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution
· Maintains planning parameters in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation
· Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. #LI-JS1
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of planning experience.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of East Providence will be considered for the position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain
· APICS CPIM certification
· Previous Supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
Position Success Criteria:
· Strong experience and knowledge of MRP/ERP concepts.
· Possess sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying purchasing strategies and driving cost out.
· Ability to analyze, identify, and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact annually.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· SIOP - Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No