Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an Enterprise SAP Solution Architect to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE). This position will be based at any Eaton facility. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The Enterprise SAP Solution Architect The SAP Solution Architect will be required to be a expert in SAP solution design across all core SAP ERP modules for a manufacturing organization with a highly integrated and diverse IT landscape. In this role collaboration with individuals across COE’s and levels (staff to SLT) to gain an understanding of business objectives, facilitate solutions, develop approaches and define deliverables required to implement complex business processes and solutions. The SAP solution architect will lead cross functional teams on global enterprise providing SAP technical strategy, solution design and process transformation initiatives in area of process expertise, delivering defined objectives and business value. SAP technical strategy will be led by the SAP solution architect through taking the lead analyzing, proposing, designing and implementing new functionality and solutions within the SAP landscape. The incumbent will guide and provide ultimate direction for projects whilst being responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems whilst maintaining highest level of influence on projects and stakeholders. New and innovative technologies within the SAP landscape will be evaluated by the SAP solution architect and recommendations and business cases presented to SLT. Standards, processes and governance in the area of SAP solution design will be set and governed by the SAP solution architect ensuring adherence across the entire SAP application landscape.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role,
- You will plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments across the SAP landscape
- You will develop, communicate, and deploy architecture governance processes
- You will drive in the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments
- You will drive solution architecture, ensure technical alignment and facilitate solution delivery across the SAP landscape.
- You will be accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and stability, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- You will be responsible for recommending, designing and implementing SAP solution strategy
- You will work within Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of key design elements of the solution environment.
- You will be recognized as an SAP SME within the enterprise
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 15 years of experience working on multinational ERP implementations
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an architect on global highly integrated SAP landscapes
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Exceptional SAP functional knowledge along with technical and architecture capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all level of the IT and business include executive and SLT.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline such as: B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time