Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Master Scheduler to join our team. This position is based at our Mountain Home, AR location.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for initial scheduling and planning of multiple production work centers to ensure targets are achieved in the following areas; on-time delivery, productivity, capacity utilization, and inventory. This includes identification of component material shortages and capacity issues at the time of initial customer commit date and following key customer orders through the shipment process. Communication and coordination is required with plant management, customer service, and global planning teams.. Continuous business process improvement is expected. This is an Exempt position.
• Maintain standard work and business processes to manage customer past dues and on-time-delivery in accordance with sales, inventory, and operations plan.
• Create, expedite and maintain STOs (stock transfer orders) to ensure delivery schedules are met. Advise Customer Service of any issues and inform them of any changes to original commitments.
• Coordinate with the Forecasting and Purchasing Teams to validate supply-chain strategies and planning parameters, including vendor stocking programs.
• Work with functional areas within the plant to remove obstacles to achieve internal goals and objectives. Communicate unforeseen deviations that effect on-time delivery to Customer Service.
• Maintain accurate master data in ERP - evaluate planning parameters and supply strategies.
• Ensure understanding of supplier/plant’s capacity load and communicate adjustments accordingly.
• Manage product transitions and introductions with Marketing, Engineering and Supply Chain Management.
• Work collectively with the Sourcing team and/or Logistics-Shipping to identify and resolve vendor and/or supply-chain issues. Perform Problem solving and cross-functional skills. Promotes and champions change.
• Provide data and participate in Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning function.
• Coordinate the expediting of parts with Manufacturing to ensure Customer Focus and demand is met.
• Consult with Demand Planning on future Marketing Forecasts and how to accomplish sales goals.
• Support SCM in developing, implementing and monitoring global commodity strategies to achieve performance objectives, supplier optimization (cost, quality, delivery) to gain lowest total cost and meet divisional strategic plans.
• Work with customer service to clarify requirements and identify negotiate when production is constrained.
• Manage cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum of five years supply chain experience, including production planning and purchasing. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• ERP experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
• Post Graduate Degree in related business field.
• Three years of master scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment.
• APICS CPIM certification or commitment to complete.
• Familiar with forecasting techniques and tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Results and detail oriented.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time