Eaton's European Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Software Test Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
- Do you like software testing and are you interested in test automation?
- Do you want to work with embedded systems?
- Do you know Linux, some scripting languages, Java or C/C++?
- Are you looking for a modern, multinational and friendly environment?
First days and months:
• Preparation of test plans
• Creation of and executing test cases
• Test automation (selenium, selenium web driver, Java, Python)
• Continual update of test tools, methods and processes to cover new requirements and new product development
• Providing support to field trials and early adopters
• Support maintenance of already existing software
• Study and deploy new software, communication and iOT technologies
What are our projects?
• We work on central part of Eaton xComfort system, ‘Smart Home Controller’ (http://www.xcomfort.com/status.html)
• We work on other smart devices (http://www.eaton.com/FTC/utilities/EMCB/index.htm)
• We work on electronic trip units (http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Electrical/ProductsandServices/CircuitProtection/LVAirPower/SeriesNRX/LaunchPage/PCT_2866707)
What can you expect from us?
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Being close to other projects (e.g. http://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/backup-power-ups-surge-it-power-distribution/eaton-intelligent-power-manager.resources.html).
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, home office, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We would like you to know:
• Experience with testing of embedded systems
• Electronics or electrical engineering background
• Software development and test processes
• Interested in sw applications in the field of home automation and iOT
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time