Executive Sales Engineer
The Executive Sales Engineer will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions. Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction. Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins
You will support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
You will ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
You will implement new product programs as needed
You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
You will provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of electrical industry sales experience or nine (9) years of technical sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Pleasanton, CA to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 + years of electrical industry sales experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time