Product Sales Manager
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity ? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
HOME OFFICE WITH 50% UK-WIDE COMMUTING – IDEAL BASE LOCATION AROUND REDDITCH
IN A NUTSHELL :
The Product Sales Manager role is responsible for establishing/maintaining strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through the stages of the selling cycle. This process requires application of value selling and internal tools with particular emphasis on developing winning capture strategies and selling value. This PSM position will focus on commercial and military opportunities in support of the Fluid and Electrical Distribution growth strategies in the United Kingdom, and primarily at Rolls Royce. The ideal candidate will be located in the Redditch area and work remotely at his/her home office.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensures that the new business pipeline is healthy with an emphasis on sales for the Ducting and Sealing and Conveyance products. Leverages extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities.
- Applies internal and value cycle tools in the new business capture processes.
- Leads capture teams throughout the business capture process. The PSM will work with the capture team to develop proposals and present the Eaton value proposition to the customer as required.
- Works with the Product Manager, Division Sales Manager and finance resources to develop opportunity business cases utilizing the NBR tool.
- Works closely with the Regional and Customer Account teams. Supports customer visits as needed.
- Supports the development of market trend/dynamics analyses and how they impact intake performance. Proactively develops and executes action plans to ensure intake goals are achieved and plant health metrics are Green.
- Supports the strategic planning process through understanding and effective communication of customer needs. Supports the development of customer needs analysis as required.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, new technology needs and future application requirements. Maintains a current knowledge of competitor’s products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to Eaton Aerospace products.
- Supports the demand aspect of the SIOP process and is an active participant in all necessary phases of the process.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Educated to a postgraduate level
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience
- Effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Good working knowledge of OEM and military procurement processes and be capable of developing and managing relationships with appropriate personnel.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of aircraft fluid conveyance and sensing systems and products
Important notice: the successful candidate will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time