This position is responsible for all functions of materials management, logistics and procurement processes for MCB business within RWDD. Ensuring that all customer demand is properly translated into production and purchasing requirements while maintaining optimal inventory levels at our operation. Manages resources to ensure on time delivery to customers and to provide efficient and effective production plans and requirements to operations and direct/indirect suppliers. Is expected to develop direct reports on the use of various business systems, expanding functional competencies, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
This position is responsible for managing key production control related functions such as demand and forecast management, production and aftermarket scheduling, and materials planning activities associated with the on time delivery of customer products. Manages and directs materials planning personnel to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining optimal inventory levels. Is expected to develop direct reports on the use of various business systems, expanding functional competencies, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineer, Business or related areas.
- Preferable a Master Degree or MBA.
- Minimum 10 years of related professional and supervisory/ managerial experience.
- Minimum 5 years purchasing experience in Supply Chain with Materials Management, Sourcing and Logistics experience.
- Language capabilities: Bilingual (English/ Spanish)
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, shipping/receiving.
- Preferable: APICS Certification
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and practices, including procedures associated with sourcing internationally.
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Eaton Competencies: Get Results, Builds Organizational Capability, Thinks & Acts strategically.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time