Engineer - Embedded Intelligence
- You will develop and implement Design Requirements, Specifications, and Guidelines as well as Certification Tests and Test Plans.
- You will guide complex and medium scale engineering projects in design and system integration from concept through production.
- You will work as a member of a multi-functional team to ensure products meet vehicle system functionality, performance, and reliability requirements.
- You will perform lab and in-vehicle testing and simulation to develop, analyze, and validate system controls, diagnostics, and performance to verify compliance with product requirements.
- You will utilize 8D, FMEA, FTA, and Six Sigma techniques in performing root cause analysis, containment, and corrective action to resolve product issues.
- You will analyze vehicle data from testing and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve performance complaints.
- You will define and execute on product reliability and performance improvements to meet market requirements and promote maximum customer satisfaction. Help define and improve systems engineering standards and processes.
- You will perform/support vehicle modeling and simulation activities to predict performance and impact due to hardware variability. Support prototype and production OEM vehicle integration and development efforts from the powertrain controls perspective (e.g., configuration, calibration and drivability).
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Sciences engineering.
- Minimum of 3 months mechanical, electrical and/or computer science engineering co-ops or intern experience.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis in the future without requiring sponsorship.
- Co-op or Internship focused on embedded system development
- Deep understanding of vehicle powertrains, vehicle autonomy, and/or vehicle electrification.
- Experience and specific education in control theory, system analysis, programming, driveline knowledge, and/or analytical modeling.
- Holds a commercial vehicle drivers license.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink and in-vehicle data acquisition tools
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Basic understanding of powertrain functionality and components.
- Basic understanding of project management processes and skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to represent Eaton at industry and OEM events.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time