Operator II – 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Operator II to join our first shift team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Operator II is accountable to operate injection molds and perform assembly and packing operations to mold electrical connectors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from drawings, specs, and routers with understanding in material handling.
- You will understand quality control process of inspection sheets and non-conforming material.
- You will have the ability to use hand tools such as precision measuring equipment.
- You will perform preventive maintenance on machinery such as oiling and cleaning. Notify supervisor of more serious problems.
- You will maintain 6-S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) within work area.
- You will follow all safety policies and procedures.
- You will perform other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates within 50 miles of La Grange, NC will be considered for this position
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to use inspection measuring equipment (micrometers, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a multiple process-manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of various measuring instruments and ability to read blueprints
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No