- Ensure timely execution of Capital Appropriation Projects to support emerging and existing technologies manage plant capital plan.
- Troubleshoot machining issues on both prove-outs and mature products.
- Work in conjunction with tooling engineering to optimize machining process.
- Prepare and maintain work instructions, special machining instructions, routings and process drawing.
- Drives Continuous Improvements opportunities to process & CNC equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Develop and implement error proofing systems to the equipment assigned.
- Implement standard work and manufacturing best practices.
- Participate in the cell team to achieve metrics on High Five metrics.
- Evaluate and issue temporary deviations for manufacturing processes if needed.
- Support the training in order to develop technicians or operators as required.
- Attend customer complains (8D) and implement corrective action.
- New products – develop the tooling’s or process for new products.
- Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
· Bachelor degree in Electromechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
· 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering prefer in the same industry field.
· Proven Expertise on CNC machining process including multi-axes automated machines as well a manual machining equipment.
· Proficient on GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
· Basic experience in automation process.
· Basic knowledge in Solid Works.
· Experience in designing and implementing fixtures.
· Green Belt certification (desirable)
· Fluent in English/Spanish (desirable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time