- You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- You will plan, manage and direct the site Materials team in all material functions including: production scheduling, inventory control, warehouse management, purchasing, stockroom, receiving, shipping, scrap salvage and logistics.
- You will evaluate, develop, and analyze reporting information to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve department and organization performance.
- You will drive deployment of Vehicle Group Global Materials processes, and help develop and improve these processes as applicable.
- You will oversee the development and implementation of new inventory management and scheduling methods and procedures
- You will conduct annual plant physical inventory
- You will promote employee engagement and employee satisfaction by motivating and coaching employees. Maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- You will participate in and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion that leverages the full potential of all employees.
- You will champion and engage the workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive for problem solving, decision making, fostering innovation and continuous learning by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- You will act as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and materials process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and 5S+.
- You will manage core banks, Oracle Install Base; core credits and communication with various OE Core groups with credits, Core Eligibility reports monthly.
- You will collaborate with Finance Manager on Sales and Inventory forecasts
- You will support sales teams including JV with Canadian Transmission and Clutch sales including Truck Down orders
- You will manage relationship and act as liaison for National Reman Center (NRC)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of Materials or Operations Management experience
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within 80km of the Brampton site to be considered.
- Master's degree preferred
- Warehouse and distribution management experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to motivate team members to drive for results
- Experience working directly with customers and providing limited technical support
- Experience with lean principles, ERP and strategic planning
- Proven ability to improve cash flow and working capital management
- Strong knowledge of advanced manufacturing tools such as MRP (Oracle preferred), Material
- Scheduling, Kanban, and Min/Max
- Excellent negotiation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time