Coil Winder - Machine Operator 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Coil Winder on 3rd Shift (11pm-7am) to join our team. This position is based at our North Street facility in Waukesha, WI
The Coil Winder will set-up and operate winding machine to produce coils, of various size, to specifications called for on winding sheet, winding diagram and order pouch. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read and interpret winding specification documents to find characteristics required for specific coil to be wound. Find coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork.
- You will install appropriate mandrel device on machine. Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification.
- You will load strip, conductor and insulating paper to dereeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment.
- You will place coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper and tapes to coil form / mandrel.
- You will apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section.
- You will fold, insulate and tape weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Support Wind major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operate crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
- Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
- Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No