Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor will be based at our Van Wert, OH facility.
The Accounting Supervisor serves as a key member of the Van Wert finance team and business partner to the manufacturing organization. This role provides financial and accounting guidance throughout the location. The Accounting Supervisor will lead and execute financial objectives and requirements of the facility; oversee the execution of all financial transactions; safeguard division assets; maintain adequate internal controls over company procedures to ensure adherence to management policies; accumulate and report accurate and reliable information on the financial performance of the facility. Additionally, the Accounting supervisor assists the Van Wert business leaders in setting business strategy, analyzing opportunities, building financial organizational capability, and establishing goals that will result in a sustainable competitive advantage yielding top tier financial results..
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will proactively identify, evaluate, and correct any process, GAAP, or SOX deficiencies in the financial reporting or practices of the business.
- You will complete Month End closure of accounting records while implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- You will report on and recommend alternatives to the business leaders for strategic and tactical initiatives. This will be done by developing and interpreting statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance to budget / forecast, working capital metrics, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operational effectiveness of the business.
- You will assist in the strategic and profit planning processes ensuring strategic initiatives are well thought out, supported by tactical actions and are conveyed in a logical manner.
- You will furnish timely communication to the leadership team, and Operations Controller on business issues, providing supporting documentation and alternative courses of action as well as reviewing financial results of operating locations, including furnishing financial advice, support and interpretation to appropriate stakeholders.
- You will establish and lead cross functional teams, addressing business issues such as working capital management, manufacturing costs, productivity, through-put, and other similar functions.
- You will manage standard builds, physical inventory, NPD, costing efforts, annual audits, and internal control compliance deliverables.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience in a large manufacturing organization
- Cost accounting experience
- Previous management of people experience
- Previous accounting/finance experience within manufacturing
- Proven cross functional engagement experience
- Strong Business Acumen, Communication skills and Managerial Courage
- Analytical Skills – the ability to identify a problem, identify the root cause and recommend solutions
- Networking – must be skilled at quickly establishing a rapport with the Business Leaders, Division Managers and external resources to support / assist in problem resolution.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time