Specialist Engineer - Powertrain Embedded Intelligence
- You will develop and implement Design Requirements, Specifications, and Guidelines as well as Certification Tests and Test Plans. Apply technical expertise to develop new solutions and ideas to meet or exceed requirements.
- You will guide complex and medium scale engineering projects in design and system integration from concept through production.
- You will work as a member of a multi-functional team to ensure products meet vehicle system functionality, performance, and reliability requirements.
- You will perform lab and in-vehicle testing and simulation to develop, analyze, and validate system controls, diagnostics, and performance to verify compliance with product requirements.
- You will utilize 8D, FMEA, FTA, and Six Sigma techniques in performing root cause analysis, containment, and corrective action to resolve product issues.
- You will review vehicle data from testing and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve performance complaints.
- You will guide execute on product reliability and performance improvements to meet market requirements and promote maximum customer satisfaction
- You will promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design, development, and validation of embedded systems or mechanical systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Masters or beyond in Engineering.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Computer Sciences from an accredited institution.
- Vehicle industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the area of intelligent or connected vehicles.
- 8 years of experience in design, development, and validation of embedded systems or mechanical systems.
- Proficient in design of machine elements, control theory, system analysis, programming, driveline knowledge, and/or analytical modeling.
- Technical publications and holder of patents.
- Deep understanding of vehicle powertrains, vehicle autonomy, and/or vehicle electrification.
- Manufacturing process knowledge of truck or automotive powertrain components.
- Willing to travel up to 10 % of the time.
- Advanced understanding of powertrain functionality and components.
- Demonstrated leadership in the area of project management.
- Excellent skills in executive communication of highly technical concepts.
- Ability to represent Eaton at industry and OEM events.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time