- You will Facilitate and drive design wins and achieve design-in position for Embedded Power products and custom solutions by leading major new business capture campaigns utilizing the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) 7 stage selling process and tool
- You will act as the “voice of the customer” for all business aspects. Be the Customer Needs and Wants (CNW) expert for the account; gathers and communicates advanced technology and market trends through a deep understanding of the customers’ businesses, strategic direction, challenges, threats and opportunities.
- You will independently develop and grow select OEM customer base in the datacom, telecom, storage, laser & medical markets by developing and executing a successful platform driven, sales strategies utilizing Eaton’s value cycle skills.
- You will participate in sharing objectives and implementation of customer focused initiatives.
- You will ensure initiatives are actionable within the constraints of Eaton and customer systems and processes.
- You will drive product acceptance with NA based customers and collaborate with international account managers on a global level for international or multi-national customers You will have the opportunity to represent the customer support team both internally and externally.
- You will develops and manage key relationships at customer leadership levels of engineering, supply chain, and quality. Own the customer relationships and manages a contact plan. Facilitate leadership interaction and communication.
- You will develop and maintain a strong business links with other Eaton businesses that service like customers and markets.
- You will provide competitive intelligence on peer company / competitor activities at the account.
- You will identify, communicate and develop strategy on early-stage customer platforms
- You will coordinate appropriate project activity between the Commercial, Product Management and Project Management teams.
- You will maintain technology and market expertise through participation in industry standards organizations and trade shows.
- You will provide periodic technical training for the sales channel (direct and representatives) and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 5 years sales and account management experience managing OEM’s
- Organized, self-motivated and a proven negotiator
- Technical/selling ability as it relates to datacom, telecom, laser power supply, and medical power supply, basic electricity and new technology
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the time
- Ability to infrequently travel internationally if required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field
- Master in Engineering or Business Administration
- Additional language skills a plus
- 5+ years commercial or technical experience in the Electronics OEM market
- 5 + years commercial or technical experience in the Custom Solution OEM market
- 5 years of experience managing large multi-location high profile strategic accounts
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written - with ability to make reports to
Eaton Executive level and presentations to the highest level within the customer organization
- Strong professional presence inspiring respect at the customers and within Eaton
- Strong ability to influence the directions and attainment of objectives without having direct
control over resources. Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to think “Out of the Box” and provide innovative solution
- Knowledgeable in the sales cycle and business development
- Strong change and adaptability skills as well as business acumen (Corporate Structure, Field Sales, etc.)
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time