Supply Chain Buyer
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Brooklyn, OH location.
This role will be responsible for applying purchasing practices to assigned commodity management and possess the knowledge to ensure products meet quality, delivery and specification requirements at the lowest possible costs. They will identify new suppliers, negotiate prices, analyze trends and expedite orders within functional areas of responsibility.
- Skillfully negotiate with internal and external suppliers, solve problems, settle disputes, develop win-win resolutions, and develop positive relations through tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Understand and apply process channel knowledge for acquiring materials and/or services in order to ensure delivery requirements for commodities and/or service customers.
- Possess fundamental and sound knowledge of the value chain process; and possess the ability to analyze and interpret cost drivers when applying cost out strategies.
- Understand how to utilize and apply project management tools and techniques for procurement applications.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence for use by Eaton SCM professionals.
- Coordinate with the scheduling department to ensure inventory is available at the correct time and quantity to meet customer requirements. Ensure inventory is not delivered early, in excess or in error. Encourage methods for minimizing inventory such as Vendor Manage Inventory (VMI) or consignment.
- Respond to MRP action message report and initiate the proper action (release, expedite, de-expedite, cancel).
- Release and maintain purchase orders/supplier schedules to satisfy customer demand, safety stock and forecast.
- Update planning parameters to ensure correct MRP will generate the proper plan. Maintain item master data integrity by researching appropriateness of all transactions performed.
- Minimize expedited freight cost. Practice cost containment and reduction.
- Manage Eaton assets held at suppliers. Work in coordination with the supply chain team to develop tooling replacement schedule/strategy.
- Implement Division strategies related to inventory management to support Days on Hand (DOH) and other inventory metrics.
- Actively resolve plant specific issues with suppliers, including on time delivery and support to quality function as needed.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding rejected material reimbursement/replacement. Obtain return material authorization from the suppliers, create return shipping document and coordinate with the outbound and accounting departments to complete the Return To Vendor process.
- Maintain data integrity by researching appropriateness of all transactions performed. Assist with the annual physical inventory administration.
- Responsible to meet on-time delivery goals for the supply base. Analyze data, work with the suppliers to discover the root cause of missed shipment and execute corrective actions.
- Actively resolve issues in MFGPRO, Markview and Oracle to minimize invoice holds and ensure a timely closed-loop Purchase Order process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of Supply Chain experience in Purchasing and/or Production Scheduling within a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Brooklyn.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- At least one (1) year of experience purchasing complex components from within a high mix/low- volume manufacturing environment.
- CPM or CPIM certification, or global equivalent, desirable.
- Experienced in MRP, MRPII, Lean Manufacturing and blueprint reading.
- Experience with quality assurance and reporting accuracy
Position Success Criteria:
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to apply analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes knowledge or familiarity with supply chain and purchasing problem solving tools.
- The selected candidate should have sound knowledge of commodity management including vendor selection, purchasing, performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
- Must have proven experience with internal and external customer interactions.
- Strong PC application skills.
- Strong understanding of key financial metrics.
- Good written and verbal communications, presentation and customer care skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time