Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
the production Supervisor directs, leads and supervises all production processes and employee resources per established practices and policies within designated areas to ensure timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and Zero Incident culture enforcement.
- You will act as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as Standard Work and 5S.
- You will engage workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- You will actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinate and/or participate in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- You will develop employees on the operation of equipment in the department, machine practices and inspection procedures.
- You will keep production costs to a minimum while producing quality products with minimal scrap and continually review and revise production procedures to improve department.
- Establish and maintain acceptable work practices among employees.
- You will work closely with internal and/or external suppliers/customers to ensure acceptable quality and delivery performance.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Technical knowledge in the area of machinery, tools, gauging and metal fabrication
- Knowledge of EEO, OSHA, and other Federal and State laws.
- 3-5 year of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate positive and constructive feedback to employees, peers, and management
- Understanding of production scheduling and product flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Establish and maintain acceptable work practices among employees.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment and implement good housekeeping standards for a clean department.
- Coordinate and monitor production schedules to meet customer ship dates.
- Maintain effective communication with other supervisors to ensure efficient and flexible operations.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, promotion, and counseling of employees.
- Monitor quality of work-in-process and ensure adherence to Eaton’s Quality Policy and procedures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico