Test Lab Intern
We are seeking a Test Lab Engineering Intern to work out of our Eden Prairie, MN office for Summer, 2019. The essential function of this position is to learn and implement innovative test technology and lean methodologies to improve quality and productivity of testing. The projects will contribute to taking the test lab to the next level in terms of global standardization and leading edge and enable it to function more efficiently.
During this internship, the participant will:
- Consult with test lab contacts, engineers, external vendors, as well as lean manufacturing experts.
- Review how and where technologies such as automation and lean tools can be applied to the test lab environment.
- Research standardization and leading edge technologies; propose strategies for the test lab and provide guidance through implementation.
- Conduct research and selection process for inventory control software.
- Build leadership skills by driving the test lab team to improve productivity as well as champion the continuous improvement culture.
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Engineering
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered)
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the Eden Prairie, MN facility area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Technical acumen
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time