Strategic Sales Manager
- You will enable the achievement of stated company financial objectives and create a strong sales culture within the sales support/customer service organization
- You will create a strong partnership between sales support and outside Business Development Managers and Agent channel sales.
- You will support the sales organization in evaluation of existing business for pricing and profit improvement opportunities and in evaluating and implementing customer specific pricing strategies.
- You will understand the competitive landscape and geographical differences that impact successful pricing quotes/proposals to create a strategic pricing plan by geographical area for utilization by the sales support teams including customer service, Business Development Managers, agents and partners.
- You will drive pricing excellence initiatives and actions; champion the greater utilization of the full pricing levers, data analytics, and market intelligence to maximize the annual Operating Income impact from a cohesive pricing capability.
- You will improve processes related to our go-to market standard pricing as well as price consistency across our unique markets, channels, configurable and legacy products; ensuring the entire Pricing organization follows a consistent strategy. This will include strategy for the usage of Eaton’s pricing database and associated rules engines.
- You will leverage appropriate tools to enhance pricing analytics capabilities, working with business and sales teams to utilize the tools - segmentation, value props, etc. - required to drive value pricing.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience working in a customer, marketing, and/or sales environment with specific focus on pricing and product analysis.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse, NY, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- MBA from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of project management experience (PMP/PMI certification)
- Background including marketing/selling innovative technical products.
- 5 years of systems experience (SAP, BW, Access, FLASH).
- 5 years of personnel management experience including managing team(s) of customer facing employees engaged in sales/customer service/customer retention.
- Presentation experience – developing presentations from concept to delivery to executives within an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums.
- Proven ability to effectively present to the C-level.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong professional presence.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time