- You will manage commitments and resources necessary to ensure compliance with customer service commitments regarding engineering team schedule, manufacturing needs and quality support.
- You will manage the productivity of the department by analyzing volume and accuracy by individual contributors and the collective team. Leverages the APEX process to communicate and manage required development plans and performance to goal.
- You will manage large projects to completion within deadlines with little or no supervision. Provides application and technical assistance to plant support functions, field sales, and customers as needed.
- You will drive improvements in engineering performance through continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- You will establish and provides for COE training needs based on current individual/team performance and product line strategic initiatives.
- You will lead the Continuous Improvement activities within the COE team.
- You will manage the resolution of quality issues related to COE (Internal and External)
- You will assist the sales team in obtaining orders and supporting the solution development for unique/non-standard applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in electrical controls design, assembly or installation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree from accredited institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Six Sigma Certification
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Previous experience managing others
- Professional Engineering license
- Project Management certificate
- Extensive knowledge and technical expertise in ETO processes and engineering methods.
- Extensive knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, and NEMA Standards.
- Excellent Design Software (CAD) and engineering tool knowledge and skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time