Continuous Improvement Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Busag production site in Maramures, reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for the Continuous Improvement process.
Continuous Improvement Manager
Your key deliverables:
Creation of a learning environment, focus with Lean and Six Sigma strategies and robust problem solving techniques, which will lead to improvements in organizations safety, operational performance, customer service levels and overall financial health. This position is also responsible for leading the execution and deployment of robust manufacturing processes and continuous improvement/manufacturing efficiency initiatives in the plant. Have fun and development, while providing leadership in executing the organization’s strategic plan.
As a member of the plant’s leadership team, this highly motivated individual works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the site’s Continuous Improvement strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities.
- Responsible for developing with the plant leadership and CI teams’ continuous improvement plans in order to achieve high performance and meet the internal metrics.
- Reinforce the Lean Management culture through Leader Standard Work, Visual Controls, Process Checks and Problem Solving.
- Promote Lean Manufacturing tools deployment through Kaizen and RIE.
- Define standardized Manufacturing Processes and make sure those practices are translated into the new ERP Systems.
- Champion of Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) tools and processes and use in a disciplined and rigorous way to achieve stretch performance goals while building organizational capability of business.
- Support annual assessments including Operations Assessment (OpA). Identify, with divisional and site leadership, appropriate Opportunities for Advancement and improvement action plans.
- Spread a learning culture across the Power Distribution Division (PDD) organization that promotes sharing and implementation of transferrable practices across sites.
- Champion-structured problem solving, including the application of PDCA to build organizational capability, shape the culture and get results.
- Responsible for Process standardization across the plant – lead together with manufacturing engineering the development of operating system model.
- Coach and support the plant in developing CI roadmap and setting stretch CI goals.
- Drive core Operational Excellence processes across the plants: Eaton Business System, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), and Manufacturing Strategy towards achieving world class level.
- Educated at Bachelor degree in technical field? Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experienced in Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Pull System, Standardized Work, 5S, TPM, Setup Reduction and Error Proofing?
- Highly knowledgeable in lean manufacturing systems, including training, planning and implementation of tools?
- Having strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods (six sigma, 8D, and others) and balanced scorecard goal setting process?
- Knowledgeable in problem solving tools & methods, including statistics and process variation reduction tools?
- Able to plan, organize and build effective teams and drive for results?
- A Hands-on person and Change Management agent?
- Strong communicator, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
- Possessing Managerial courage?
- Fluent in English?
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time