Associate Analyst - Learning Technology
- Lead and manage the overall learner support and adoption of new LMS. These include (and not limited to):
- Actively execute activities as a part of LMS upgrade project from on premise to cloud. Collaborate with EU leadership to strategize for new LMS rollout
- Analyze new features during and after the upgrade.
- Develop and maintain various domains and homepages
- Develop and maintain Advanced Reporting and dashboards.
- Create training and marketing material for all roles.
- Train other team members on updated interfaces and functionalities
- Update and own LMS Admin Training
- Support any platform upgrades/updates, new release configuration and changes for LMS .
- Create test plans, test specs and conduct Quality testing and UAT for various LMS functionalities
- Support Manufacturing deployments through LCF
- Support and train the Electrical/Hydraulics sales team for LMS administration and reporting.
- Maintain defined troubleshooting scripts, and manage user requests and related processes.
- Initiate, manage and work on technology projects across Eaton University platforms for customizations and using new features.
- Establish and manage technical and functional standards for eLearning, and the user acceptance testing (UAT) process for courseware developed externally (by vendors) and/or internally (by Eaton course developers). Ensures knowledge transfer to eLearning development team for ongoing support.
- Work with Eaton course developers, training sponsors and vendors to ensure courseware meets technical and functional UAT criteria and standards; and troubleshoots and resolves e-Learning courseware problems, particularly those related to:
- LMS interoperability (i.e., SCORM, AICC)
- IT network compatibility (e.g., Eaton remote access methods, streaming constraints)
- IT desktop standards (e.g., supported browsers, plug-ins and players)
- Resolve L2 and L3 support tickets through HR case.
- Total experience of 3-5 years in Learning technology industry.
- BE/B.Tech/MBA/M.Tech with relevant technical experience
- Experience with LMS interfaces, cloud, LMS upgrades, HTML 5, Java Script, Java, Web Application Development Oracle/SQL Database reporting
- Experience with SCORM and AICC interoperability standards is mandatory
- Familiarity with Eaton’s preferred e-Learning authoring tools, e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia and Captivate and the SumTotal LMS are preferred.
- Ability to conduct training sessions
- Experience with vendor and client management with good customer service and people skills.
- Knowledge of SharePoint settings and configuration
- Ability to translate requests for information into appropriate reports.
- Detailed oriented with strong troubleshooting, communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently manage projects, anticipates roadblocks, and engages appropriate resources to ensure timely delivery.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time