Manager - RMS
Eaton India Innovation Center, has an opening for an Engineering Manager. This position will be responsible for leading a team of reliability maintainability safety engineering for implementing strategies focused around Design for Reliability and Design for Safety on Vehicle products. Directs teammates from Eaton India Innovation Center (Pune) in collaboration with global RMS team to identify, manage or mitigate reliability and safety risk for new products under development (NPI) and current products. Additional responsibility will be to improve product performance in field through warranty reduction. Responsible for build organization capabilities – hire right talent and develop existing talent in line with Eaton’s needs in the area for RMS. Provides leadership in identifying and developing services business opportunities for Eaton products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
• Provide leadership to improvise RMS methods to manage and mitigate reliability risks.
• Drive growth in respective team in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in reliability and adjacent technology areas like prognostics and diagnostics, reliability centered maintenance and services business opportunities for Eaton.
• Manages diverse team at multiple locations and provides leadership for the team to meet its short and long term goals.
• Lead strategic initiatives to improve the timelines and quality of deliverables.
• Develop and control the schedule and direct the work in order to effectively manage time.
• Synergies and leverage engineering capabilities across other CoE’s.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for reliability engineers. Recruits and retain a team of engineers and support staff to provide both local product development and engineering services to the global engineering needs. Train, develop & motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals & review their accomplishments.
• Manages department budget and performance to forecast.
• Champion deployment of DFSS, DMAIC and Reliability practitioner program at EIIC. Drive Functional excellence through Continuous improvement using CI methodology.
• Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering with Masters.
• Reliability engineering experience of at least 10 years.
• Professional body certification is additional benefit. Active participation in external professional bodies is preferred.
• Should have sound knowledge in Eaton products like Transmissions (Manual & Automated), Clutch, Torque control (Differentials), Engine valve train, engine boosting technology (Supercharger).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only