Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN location.
Global role, manage restructuring, new product development, and other SCM projects for Hydraulics business. Lead sourcing activities for global restructuring & other SCM initiatives. This includes leading outsourcing initiatives, managing material transitioning from one manufacturing facility to a new manufacturing facility, and optimizing sourcing for the new facility or product.
- Manage the SCM portion of project initiatives following the existing SCM processes.
- Lead projects through a standard process to define scope and requirements, complete risk planning and user technical reviews, manage the request for proposal process with external suppliers, manage APQP (Advanced Part Quality planning) phase of project, and manage project multifunctional phase gate reviews.
- Partner and collaborate with external suppliers, commodity managers and buyers, supply development engineers, manufacturing plants and engineering globally.
- Problem solve, deal effectively with conflicts and roadblocks, escalating as required.
- Assess programs cross-functional resource requirements and proactively engage sponsors and functional leaders to fill resource gaps on a timely basis to insure project success
- Assess supplier manufacturing capability to meet drawing and specification requirements
- Negotiate price with suppliers to meet target cost
- Manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, Product Engineering, Central Buying, Commodity Management and the Eaton Plant to drive on-time project completion.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in purchasing and program management.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now and in the future
• No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· A Degree in a technical field, and MBA or specialized master’s degree in procurement.
· On job minimum 2 years’ experience on project management.
· 2+ plus years’ experience in program management ,3+ plus years’ experience in commodity management or 5+ plus years’ supply chain work experience
· CPM/CPSM or equivalent
Position Success Criteria:
- Commodity management and purchasing experience
- Must have some experience in Project/Program Management; Experience working in large complex cross functional projects is required,
- Experience interfacing with senior management, operations team, vendors and contractors
- Strong technical background
- Global Cross Regional team experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time