- You will develop product design and product definition data (bills of materials, drawings, specifications) related to power distribution and protection products to meet schedule, cost and quality targets. Coordinate and execute component and assembly level design reviews.
- You will creatively and efficiently solve design challenges by understanding the elements within a design that are critical for success, while eliminating the non-value added elements. Develop work processes and durations for completing assigned project tasks with the ability to identify critical dependencies and risks.
- You will apply robust prototyping methodology with detailed analysis testing to refine and finalize design concepts.
- You will develop component and assembly functional and reliability test plans, and coordinates the execution of the tests using both internal and external lab resources.
- You will perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc…).
- You will collaborate with global suppliers and Supplier Quality Engineers to define and conduct supplier assessments, capability analysis, and part approvals.
- You will collaborate with cross function resources to analyze, document, and resolve product reliability issues (Quality Engineers, Application Engineers, Services Technicians).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in an Mechanical or Electrical Engineering program with a graduation date no later than December 2018
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Experience with engineering related projects
- Internship experience
- Developing skills in Engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, 3D modeling, simulation, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Proficient using Microsoft Office software
- Problem solving experience using Root Cause Analysis techniques.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time