FP&A Compliance Specialist (eMobility)
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Compliance Specialist to join our Financial Planning team. The FP&A Compliance Specialist can be based at either our San Luis Potosi, Queretaro, or Tijuana locations.
This role acts as a lead in the global Vehicle finance team performing accounting and finance compliance, ensuring that the related corporate/sector/segment standards, policies and procedures are developed and followed as prescribed. This includes driving change and managing compliance through updates and creation of new policies, steering and monitoring SOX, DSA validation and gap closure, conducting/monitoring balance sheet reviews and managing the LOR process. Responsible for providing technical and operational guidance and support to the HQ, region and plant finance teams in the areas of finance and accounting, including analysis and identifying and driving process improvements across the eMobility/Vehicle organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical (GAAP) and operational accounting guidance and support to eMobility/Vehicle finance teams.
- You will manage the Sarbanes Oxley, Internal Audit, Balance Sheet Review and other compliance initiatives for eMobility/Vehicle and be the subject matter expert for the organization
- You will drive transition of former Electrical Sector ledgers to Industrial / Vehicle compliance policies and procedures through training and knowledge sharing
- You will evaluate existing documentation for processes and procedures and determine best practice, low cost approach to fulfillment of each financial process.
- You will manage the implementation of common procedures and practices for centralization of the standard accounting transactions.
- You will provide definition/documentation for standardized eMobility/Vehicle financial processes.
- You will be responsible for the integrity and accurateness of the eMobility HQ ledger including review of monthly accounting and reporting, forecasting and account reconciliations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business concentration from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive finance/accounting experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- MBA ,CPA or CMA preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced degree in business administration or finance
- Domain expertise in GAAP and Eaton financial policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge in Finance, General and Cost Accounting, AR and AP, Fixed Assets and Treasury requirements
- Understanding of relationship between Manufacturing operations and processes and business systems
- Understanding of information systems
- Global cultural and business practice awareness
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time