Solution Design Architect / BI Data Engineer
- You will lead and guide technical aspects of small- and medium-sized project delivery through the entire project lifecycle – from requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, audit and post-production support.
- You will review and address requests from the business. The IT specialist will be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-IT personnel, thinks issues through, and anticipates problems and takes action to prevent them or minimize their impact.
- You will evaluate, propose, and recommend alternative solutions to solve business problems and improve business processes in support of the operation's key strategies. Interact with business organizations to evaluate and understand new IT requests. Understand the validity of IT requests and make initial determination of severity of impact on currently available systems.
- You will lead integration and design framework including BI specific applications and underlying infrastructure that comprise the Eaton’s IT architecture toolset, practices and policies. Help deliver IT solutions to resolve business problems by being familiar with both internal and external application solutions.
- You will work closely with project business analysts to proactively build and be accountable for the translation of business, customer, and supplier needs into technical deliverable capability. Identify and recommend business process improvements in a context that is appropriate to both the business and IT communities.
- You will write detailed Project Charters and Project Status Reports. Able to develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD), User Test cases, and design documents.
- You will apply knowledge of technology and business functions to establish development efforts and costs for IT requests. Work with project and resource managers to develop feasibility estimates based on available resource hours and project demands.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT is required.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Proven experience working with large data volumes structured and unstructured data.
Ability to quickly analyze situations and produce sound architecture to scale and for reusability.
Strong troubleshooting, debugging and problem solving skills.
Experience in 3rd party/supplier managed system implementations.
Solid understanding of project management techniques
Significant development experience in Business Intelligence or Data Science tools.
Ability to comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
Translate client user requirements and Business process into data flows, data mapping etc. Can lead functional requirements gathering and scoping for applications and reports.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time