GL & Accounting Analyst (Fixed Term Contract, 6 months to 1 year)
The position is for the GL & Accounting Analyst for supporting the finance function in the Middle East. This requires accomplishing a variety of accounting, analysis and finance tasks, including Inter company analysis. Processing and managing journal entries, review and analysis of actual financial information as it relates to monthly financial reviews and forecasts, balance sheet account management, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the assistance in supporting and creating processes and procedures to increase the efficiency and value of the overall Middle East Finance Department.
Handle Internal and External audit requirements. Assist Financial Manager for internal and external statutory requirements.
- Promotes and maintains adherence to GAAP policies and corporate financial policy.
- Provides and maintains systems which ensure adequate level of internal control and the accuracy of SG&A
- Manages and controls Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Manages and controls the timely coding and recording
- Responsible of internal and external audits, ELC and SOX reviews
- Responsible for online banking payments
- Responsible for general ledger entries and processing of month end closing including booking of prepayments, accruals, shared cost allocation, personnel cost and analysis of SG&A, proper matching of costs and balance sheet split based on activity Centers.
- Ensure closing deadlines are met as per Eaton Policy.
- Review SG&A variances
- Arrange for quarterly and yearly Physical inventory counts in coordination with stores.
- Prepare and Coordinate for approval of CAR for the Middle East ledgers
- Minimum education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum experience: Minimum 5 years of business experience. Background should include solid General Ledger / Accounting roles and responsibilities
- Maintain a high level of ethical standards.
- Must have a proactive attitude (vs reactive).
- Requires good administrative and organizational skills. Must be able to work to deadlines and handle concentrated quantities of work within certain time frames of the month/year.
- A working understanding of financial metrics, which are universally used to assess financial performance.
- Requires good interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate both orally and written with a variety of personnel levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No