Hydraulics Engineering Intern
You deserve a challenging and rewarding experience where you can make a difference. You deserve an environment where you can develop the skills to be a leader. You deserve a company that has demonstrated a high degree of ethical standards and where “doing business right” really means something. You deserve an environment where your ideas matter.
At Eaton, we’re committed to “Doing Business Right” and that’s not just a slogan. It’s an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical practices and standards of behavior. It’s how we conduct ourselves in interactions with each other, our customers and our business partners. It is how we support our communities, respect the environment, and it’s a reflection of our long-standing core values and beliefs about people. If you’re ready to do something that matters, and to be encouraged and rewarded for doing it, then Eaton is the place for you.
We are seeking Hydraulics Engineering Interns to support our Controls and Power products in our Eden Prairie, MN office.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Demonstrate the application of basic Engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking
- Show tangible evidence of critical problem solving skills
- Plan and develop experimental test programs, analyze test data, and write reports to determine if a design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Demonstrate application of basic project management tools/principles (Ex.: Action Items, Project Plan, Team Meetings).
- Perform typically as an individual contributor within or in support of a team. - Plans, organizes, and leads small project teams.
- Confer with manufacturing, marketing, sales and suppliers to develop designs and resolve design issues.
- Coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
These programs provide candidates with great exposure to Eaton and would prepare them for a potential opportunity to be considered within Eaton upon graduation.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Authorized to work in the United States without work authorization.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time