Director of Quality
The Director of Quality will develop and deploy the Quality strategy for the Hydraulics Group supporting the implementation of Corporate and Industrial Sector Quality programs and goals. This includes deploying Eaton and Industrial Sector Quality objectives at the operational level and providing overall Quality leadership to the Hydraulics organization. Drive continuous improvement efforts through the deployment of the Eaton Quality System, Balanced Scorecard, and other Quality tools including Six Sigma. Provide support in Total Quality to customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of the organization. This position has responsibility for Quality globally and drives the alignment of all related activities with the Hydraulics, Filtration and Golf Grip plants and locations worldwide (60+ sites). Other responsibilities include maintaining certification to required industry and customer standards, driving improvement in Quality performance, managing the effectiveness of the customer complaint process and supporting Corporate and Industrial Sector Quality programs and goals.
In this role, you will:
• Lead the development and deployment of the Quality strategy for Hydraulics ensuring alignment with businesses, operations and regions.
• Ensure that Hydraulics locations (offices and operations) comply with applicable Eaton, customer and industry-specific Quality requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness.
• Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate Quality into the development of short and long range business plans.
• Lead the deployment of the Eaton Quality System throughout the Hydraulics organization.
• Manage the development, implementation, and use of the Balanced Scorecard tool to all levels of the organization (Business, Division, Region, and Plant). Assist where requested in the deployment to the Headquarters functional levels. • Analyze key Quality-related operational metrics related to both the Eaton Balanced Scorecard and customer systems and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
• Manage the implementation of 6-sigma in accordance to Corporate and Group guidelines.
• Lead the sharing of best / transferable practices across the Hydraulics organization for the Quality function.
• Continually improve the capability of the Quality organization through ongoing development activities and identification of talent to promote functional bench strength.
• Represent Hydraulics on any Corporate or Industrial Sector Quality steering committees or councils.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university
- Minimum of ten years’ of experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality
- Minimum of three years’ of experience with multiple site responsibilities
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading a global function across multiple sites
- Eaton Quality System (EQS) Assessor or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Quality Manager (CQM), ISO-9001 Auditor
- Six Sigma Blackbelt
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality assurance and Continuous Improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management.
- In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001, TS-16949, AS-9100.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Ability to learn customers’ Quality requirements and drive process improvements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time