New Product Development Engineer
- You will establish an understanding of a variety of design and engineering calculations and tools, both standard and specific to Eaton products. This will be done through utilizing these calculations on projects, under the guidance of more senior engineers. This will include the use of standardized DFSS tools.
- You will assist more senior engineers in the preparation of test procedures and specifications in conjunction with engineering assignment.
- You will advise laboratory personnel relative to equipment operation, test requirements and procedures, etc. Assist in the evaluation of test results to determine the adequacy of equipment design and/or determine if design modifications are needed.
- You will monitor and direct engineering service groups that are conducting tasks such as drafting or analysis.
- You will assist more senior engineers with preparing designs for component or subassemblies, standard products, or simple systems to develop criteria for determining design modifications. This would include driving cost reduction results through analysis and preparation of engineering change proposals, and evaluating and establishing root cause and corrective actions for unit non-conformances. Address problems/issues through root cause and corrective actions.
- You will prepare a variety of engineering drawings as required to determine the functional feasibility of design modifications.
- You will develop specific design criteria for evaluating total design concept by more experience engineers.
- You will prepare more simple layouts using ProEngineer to check operational feasibility of requested changes, and to grow in knowledge of ProEngineer and common drafting standards.
- You will prepare and conduct design reviews and design discussions directly with the customer. More senior engineers would typically be present in the most critical of these discussions to offer guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution to be completed by June 2019.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Mechanical Engineering degree strongly preferred
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Co-op or engineering intern experience is preferred
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time