Assembler - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
The Assembler is responsible for basic assembly work to assemble parts to create a complete and quality product. Assemblers use hand tools, power tools, and pneumatic tools to successfully carry out production. Assemblers work on dynamic lines with teammates to assemble products. Assemblers need to maintain a safe and secure work environment.
Eaton is a power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2012 sales of $16.3 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will follow safety procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- You will be responsible to use hands or hand tools to secure, mount, or bolt parts into place.
- You will use power or air-powered tools to secure, mount, or bolt parts into place.
- You will disassemble and reassemble parts to ensure production.
- You will read production orders to decide material requirements or assembly instructions.
- You will communicate with teammate to assemble product.
- You will use paint, polish, sand paper, or lubricant to finish product.
- You will lift products on and off production line.
- You will be responsible to package, prepare, or tag products in order to be shipped.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this opening. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Roanoke, VA will be considered
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Remain standing for an extended period of time up to 8 hours
- Able to perform constant movement of the arms
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses
- Production and Processing- Knowledge of raw materials, production processing, and quality control
- Critical Thinking - Using reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time Management - Managing one’s own time
- Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No