Lead Finance Accounting and Systems Analyst
Eaton’s Global Financial Shared Service Center is seeking a Lead Finance Accounting and Systems Analyst. The Lead Finance Accounting and Systems Analyst will be based at our Beacwhood, OH facility.
The Lead Finance Accounting and Systems Analyst will support all aspects of the global project accounting, fixed assets, capital appropriation request financial/accounting systems for the record to report function of Eaton’s Global Financial Services and Systems (GFSS). This position is a key support role to the system and process owner of Fixed Assets (FA), Project Accounting (PA), and Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR). This position oversees and confirms all processes required to produce the primary USGAAP books and the secondary tax, statutory, and other local fixed asset books at all global locations are carried out on a daily/monthly basis. This position is the primary PAFA functional representative to liaison with IT and outside suppliers to manage production project implementation as well as support issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage closing processes to ensure timely accounting/financial system processing to accomplish month end and year end reporting deadlines. Proactively monitoring system performance and inbound and outbound interfaces, engaging with IT and outside suppliers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- You will manage review of any proposed changes/updates to new functionality proposed with configuration/BR100 updates to assure no adverse impacts are introduced to existing configurations/book controls.
- You will be the subject matter expert on the Project Accounting/Fixed Asset system for processing issues, working with Pune, Suzhou and Brazil teams to continue to expand knowledge in these areas
- You will find the ideas and promoting the business case for projects, write the business requirements, and approve the technical specifications. This will also involve defining tests and confirming they meet requirements
- You will focus on customer support to create and deliver training, and manage online work instructions to ensure they meet requirements and provide appropriate guidance for customers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CMA)
- Knowledge of Eaton financial policies
- Knowledge of LEAN toolkit
- Advanced excel/SQL/Oracle user
- Prior experience working with a global team
- Oracle systems experience
- Working knowledge of USGAAP required
- Microsoft Office applications at intermediate or higher level
- PL SQL Query skills
- Strong leadership/motivational skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time