Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for an:
Location: Bosconero OR Rivarolo - ITALY
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will be joining our Automotive Division, based in Rivarolo CH Plant manufacturing site (cylinder-heads production) or Bosconero Plant manufacturing site (valves production).
The candidate will develop, maintain and continuously improve the manufacturing process in order to meet quality standards, safety standards, performs feasibility studies and solves problems.
The role will be involved in all phases of assigned standard engineering projects, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
The Engineering Manager will be also responsible for monitoring and improving manufacturing processes that reduce operating costs, improve quality and reduce scraps for all the operations and processes utilized to manufacturing a valve; supervising corrective actions related to machine capabilities and day to day production problems, developing proposals relating to new/improved processing methods, evaluating and implementing manufacturing cost savings and suggestions, supporting continuous improvement effort and develop machining processes for new part releases.
Special focus on safety machine adjustment plans and projects.
Your key deliverables :
• Conduct manufacturing runs to measure and provide a realistic process capability analysis: improves production times, production costs, production cycles and scrap levels.
• Design and develop production process improvements together with Manufacturing dept. to increase the efficiency and to assure quality. Review and evaluate new products, processes and equipment. Detect and analyze machines cycle time.
• Manage and address plans and projects about safety machine adjustment according to safety requirements, MESH requirements and plant production reorganization activities.
• Analyze the existing equipment capability and the machines to be used in order to implement plant production capacity and be responsible for technological investments budget.
• Develop and implement cost reduction and process improvement projects. Offer support in cost saving projects, problem solving and continuous improvement activities, quality and error proofing improvements.
• Collaborate to process improvements and costs saving projects using Lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement techniques. Collaborate to the development of PFMEA’s, control plans, standardized work procedures to assure all processes are optimized.
• Participate in manufacturing process improvement, kaizen events or other lean initiatives to optimize performance and drive short and long terms business improvements.
• If required, lead, coach, recognize and motivate shop floor employees to utilize Eaton tools to exceed cost, productivity, and quality and delivery target.
• Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial preferred)
• 7 years of experience in Automotive Engineering or Manufacturing environment and 5 years supervisory experience
• Knowledge of current manufacturing/engineering methods and practices
• PC skills (Office package, JDE, CAD)
• Team problem solving skills and project management skills
• Strong leadership, motivational, & interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent English is a prerequisite. Any other European language will be an asset
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time