Lead Analyst - Sales and Use Tax
Within the finance organization, Eaton has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Analyst - Sales and Use Tax, located at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Our finance team drives Eaton's fiscal health and properly manages capital to support our strategic objectives. This position requires a high level of experience in all aspects of the sales & use tax function. This position will be primarily responsible for handling the sales & use tax examination process along with being the primary internal support of the sales & use tax software. This position will play an integral role in driving increased automation in the sales and use tax function.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will liaise directly with external tax authorities and defend positions taken on tax returns. You will control and manage sales and use tax audits, develop audit response strategies, and work with operations to prepare documentation required by auditor.
- You will perform tax research on sales and use tax matters, stay current on, interpret and communicate state and local sales and use tax laws to ensure accurate compliance and to minimize tax costs.
- You will serve as the lead go-to tax person on the sales & use tax software. You will assist Tax Technology Management by strategically providing suggestions and improvements to sales & use tax data flows and control and maintain the tax software at all levels. You will assist with the identification and capture of sales and use tax business requirements and reporting needs and assure correct configuration and implementation of software systems and maintenance of tax rules and rates. You will be responsible for training company personnel on the sales & use tax software
- You will identify opportunities to recover overpaid sales & use tax. Represent Eaton in working with outside consultants on reverse audits. Communicate audit savings to the operations and recommend corrective actions and improvements for the future
- You will identify and implement opportunities for process improvement using technology. Directly work with IT and Tax Technology Team to leverage technology and drive automation within the sales & use tax processes. Improve end-to-end processes that drive tax efficient performance and reduce risk of manual error. Lead and facilitate tax member meetings to insure tax objectives are being met during IT system discussions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of state and local tax experience
- Minimum three (3) years of sales and use tax experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Eaton's Beachwood OH facility to be considered.
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems (Oracle, SAP), and tax software (Vertex)
- Strong working knowledge of sales & use tax law (statutory, administrative and case law), GAAP and SEC accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of sales and use tax experience
- Oracle, SAP, and Vertax experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time