Deputy Manager -Commodity Management-Sourcing-
1. Develop, plan, monitor and execute direct material cost out projects for Tail Spend suppliers utilizing the Eaton Standard Sourcing Process. The projects will provide NET 3% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
2. Implement and execute on global commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s global spend in conjunction with the Global Commodity Manager to deliver cost benefits.
3. Help keep commodity strategies aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies.
4. Negotiate and manage key strategic supplier agreements, cost negotiations and relationships
5. Manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, product engineering, and the Eaton plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through ramp up and successful launch.
6. Collaborate with Engineering on part rationalization opportunities, Decision Making.
7. Responsible to maintain supply continuity via risk identification and mitigation.
8. Develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
9. Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
10. Work with category managers to establish and develop category strategy for tail spend suppliers/parts.
11. Ensure program milestones are met as mutually established by the customer and SCM SSC
12. Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality in compliance with Eaton Data Management policies
- Bachelor degree in supply chain management or engineering preferably Mechanical.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience as a commodity buyer for one of the commodities (Casting, Forging, Electrical & Electronic Components, Stampings, Plastics)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
§ Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
§ Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
§ Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
§ Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from associates to the leadership team.
- Quick response to deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time