Deputy Manager-Program Management-Sourcing
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Manages all supply chain deliverables for “Tail Spend Project” for Electricals (EPG). Responsible for ensuring cost, schedule, and performance requirements are met in accordance with the project deliverables. Program Manager role acts as the primary interface between plant operations, supply chain organization, technical support group, and SCM SSC. This role is responsible for developing the program sourcing strategy and managing supplier development, purchasing, and production planning activities for program execution. Engagement begins at the strategy phase through execution with a focus on supplier and part rationalization. Core activities involve maintaining program delivery schedules, establishing and maintaining accurate data, and acting as a single point of contact from SCM SSC for the entire program. This role will involve coordination with plant buyers, planners, design engineering, operations, supplier quality, manufacturing, and EPG Supply Chain team.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
1. Work with commodity leads to establish and develop category strategy for tail spend suppliers/parts.
2. Ensure supply chain program milestones are met as mutually established by the customer and SCM SSC
3. Work with strategic sourcing team on risk management plan with the program manager and supply base to identify and mitigate risks on a real time basis
4. Understands and utilizes Eaton’s supply chain processes and functions as Point of Contact responsible for SCM deliverables to Integrated Product Team (IPT)
5. Oversee and track supplier tooling deliverables
6. Coordinate with commodity teams to ensure strategies align with strategic and profit plan. Fully understand all the commodity strategies and align the strategies to the plans
7. Support strategic sourcing team in negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, transportation, etc.
8. Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality in compliance with Eaton Data Management policies
- Bachelor degree in supply chain management or engineering preferably Mechanical.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in Supply Chain Operations and Program Management
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
§ Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
§ Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
§ Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
§ Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from associates to the leadership team.
- Quick response to deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time