Requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and hydraulic product engineering functions together . The position requires to :
a) Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of hydraulics
b) Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Hydraulic test stand and complete test requests within acceptable time.
c) Perform the test of hydraulic component such as Pump, motors, valves as required by established Eaton, SAE & NFPA standards as required.
d) Provide the recommendations to product team on design improvement based on the test results.
e) Should able to trouble shoot and update the test stand for any new test requirement or standard
f) Should design the test circuit and build the same for testing.
g) Standardization of test procedures in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
h) Implement EBE processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
i) Create SOP’s and processes / procedures for Individual test stands and implement in Lab and i
j) Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
k) The essential function of this position will be understanding customer requirements and help set up flow for technicians on test engineering activities for product validation
l) Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
m) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
n) Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Implement and monitor FRACAS for the test lab.
· Graduate in Mechanical, Automotive engineering with 6 to 8 years or Masters with 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience
· Good working knowledge of Hydraulic components and systems
· Preferably DFSS or Six Sigma certified
· Experience in assembly and tear down of hydraulic systems
· Experience in trouble shooting and problem solving for test stand
· Experience in test circuit design as per the requirement.
· Safety & Quality Management Practices
· Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
· Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
Incumbent is expected to possess good capabilities and competencies such as
· Drive for Result
· Has a strong bottom-line orientation
· Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
· Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
· Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Strives to achieve results efficiently and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Operates Safely
· Demonstrates commitment to the safety, security, and well-being of employees
· Proactively identifies risks, hazards, and threats and takes appropriate actions to resolve them
· Provides appropriate resources, skills, and management talent to improve safety
· Uses annual planning to set goals, plan, and monitor progress throughout the year. Adheres to Safety policies and ensures safety of self and others in the facility
· Customer Focus
· Gains insight into customer needs
· Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
· Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
· Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
· Decision quality
· Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
· Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
· Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
· Recognizes when a quick solution will suffice. makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
· Interpersonal savvy
· Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography
· Acts with diplomacy and tact
· Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way
· Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self
· Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics. relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport
· Effective Communication
· Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
· Attentively listens to others
· Adjusts to fi t the audience and the message
· Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
· Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Communicates effectively at different levels
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time