Senior Engineer -VTI
Job Title: Senior Engineer #059838
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Vehicle Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Most recently, we have established the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) in Pune, which is an integral part of Eaton’s global engineering and technology footprint. Eaton’s multi-disciplinary engineering talent with experience in cutting-edge technologies and varied domains deliver innovative solutions that accelerate our organic growth through technological innovations. Through proven technical excellence, EIIC continues to augment Eaton’s leadership in improving existing products and services and developing new offerings. EIIC operates through its two state-of-the-art campuses located at Kharadi and Magarpatta City in Pune. EIIC is focused on augmenting Eaton’s vision of “improving the quality of life and environment through the use of power management technologies and services”.
EIIC Magarpatta – VG Vehicle Technology and Innovation team has an opening for an Engineering Specialist position who is passionate about his / her passion in leading the technology development for Vehicle Electrification , Automation, and Connected Mobility solutions. The specialist actively leads the investigation of novel technologies by conceptualizing and developing mechatronics system architectures and control algorithms and validates their capability to satisfy customer requirements and market needs.
Your essential responsibilities:
· Incumbent should support the development of Automation and Electrification of Vehicles, Intelligent and Connected Mobility and demonstrate expertise in Model based, controls algorithms and software development.
· Understanding of inverter motor control and battery architecture and management schemes. Practical experience with vehicle electrical/mechanical interfaces, fusing, battery charging, energy and power management. Must understand safety aspects of high voltage architectures.
· Must have experience in vehicle dynamics and mechanics and controls for vehicle powertrain automation.
· Propose and lead end to end new technology exploration initiatives from conceptual development to prototype demonstration.
· Ability to understand customer needs and able to provide technical solutions with supporting value proposition.
· Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate. Provide regular reports on development & support activities. Provide expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work
· Review technical concepts of all electronics projects including equipment specification and design ,Leverage engineering capabilities across groups
If you are:
Required: Master’s Degree in Mechanical /Electronics / Electronics and Communication Engineering.
3+ years of experience in developing Controls and Automation solutions for Hybrid or BEV architectures.
Hands on HiLs and Vehicle controls integration and validation experience.
Experience of controls automation architecture for Vehicle drive train. Background on AMT/AT is preferred
Experience of inverter motor control and battery architecture and management schemes. Practical experience with vehicle electrical/mechanical interfaces, fusing, battery charging, energy and power Desired
Experience in leading and managing engineering teams delivering products & solutions
Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
Demonstrated experience with Vehicle Power train control and software design and change management experience
Demonstrated expertise in Matlab/Simulink/RT-Workshop tools
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time