Commercial & Industrial Application Engineer
- Call on electrical engineers at related consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position.
- Provide support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the consultant and owner.
- Work with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products.
- Conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions at targeted consultant firms.
- Provide mentoring and training to sales engineers and other employees within and outside of the NAS organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of electrical sales or electrical engineering experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the states of Oregon, California, Colorado, Washington, or within 50 miles of Salt Lake City, Utah, or Las Vegas, Nevada in order to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- A Professional Engineer (PE) License
- LEED AP certification
- Extensive electrical experience
- Knowledgeable of Eaton Electrical products, services and competitors
- Technical knowledge regarding the application of Power Distribution products including medium and low voltage switchgear, panelboards and switchboards, protective relaying and busway.
- Proficient on some or all of the following products and applications: Three-phase UPS systems, power monitoring products including metering and software, and power control products including low-voltage and medium voltage drives.
- Strategic understanding of the US Power Distribution market.
- Ability to write technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when the project is bid
- Ability to interface with Electrical Consultant principals and lead Electrical Engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at Universities, Municipalities and End Users
- Problem Solving skills
- Effective communication skills. Ability to interact at all levels of an organization, including consultant or end user organizations.
- Presentation and training skills
- Initiative and self-management skills
- Proven capability to find creative solutions to solve complex technical application problems
- Value selling experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time